Breaking News
Loading...
Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Info Post



BHEESTIE Bags dry out soaked personal electronics







It happens to me all the time---a summer monsoon storm hits while
I'm hiking in Arizona's high country and suddenly, my little point-and-shoot
camera fogs up. It has a tendency to collect consensation when exposed to cool
moisture especially after being used at 80+ degrees just moments before. This
not only makes the lens hazy, but also can damage the electronics. Used to be,
when this happened, I'd shut the camera off for a few days and hope for the
best--sometimes the gamble paid off, sometimes not.  So, when two sisters from Oregon contacted me about field
testing their BHEESTIE dry-out bag invention---I was all in on that! The
product is a pouch filled with moisture-absorbing beads that pull away
water, fog or whatever other wet stuff has gotten into your camera, cell phone,
iPod, watch or GPS devise. The feather-light, flat bags fit easily into a
backpack and are way more effective at drying out electronics than the
"old rice-in-a-ziplock-bag trick" (or doing nothing) and can be
re-used for up to a year.  Although
there's no 100% guarantee that a BHEESTIE can save your drenched devise, having
one handy is like  cheap insurance
for that $400 smart phone.  It did
work on my monsooned Nikon Cool Pix camera. 










Available online and at REI



getdry@bheestie.com





DISCLOSURE: I was provided a free BHEESTIE bag to field test
with no obligation to publish a positive review. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment